Stop taking care of your kids too much coz, it may harm them!


Stop taking care of your kids too much coz, it may harm them!




This thought just crossed my mind the other day, as I went to the mall. Being a parent myself, I do understand the hassles of parenting. Now, in a congested place like a mall, it is fun with kids

It is like a huge playground for them and these small children really don’t know where to start exploring from! They have tons of things to watch like people, various toys, appliances, games, food and to top it all- there will be a lot of children who are waiting for this moment to meet new friends.
But you know what- the hard part is all for the mommies and grandparents who keep in pace with these naughty little legs. And that is damn tiresome and annoying!

And at any point, if you have lost sight of them or vice versa- then things will begin to look unpleasant and tension strikes.

That is one side to it. The other side is what I want to dwell upon today. Children are naturally inquisitive and love to lay their hands on anything that is not theirs. Often we as parents, give in to their pleas and tantrums.

Because in the name of love, their childishness, tantrums and other fussiness may not look too bad for us; but it does bother others.

Don’ t get my point?
Last week, at the mall, I was going past a long and wide section where pots and pans were kept. They have an extensive set of utensils of all sizes, shapes and colors. As a lady who love my kitchen – this is one of my personal fav areas in a mall. I could go on checking new things around.


Someone imitates me!



I was picking and selecting a few vessels, just when I noticed- I had a tiny cute guy looking at me and doing whatever I was doing! He was so damn funny, and I really liked one more thing he did.
Just next to the utensils, there was a fresh vegetable and fruit counter. Thus little chap, was busy taking fruits like oranges and apples and collecting them in the vessel he likes. Also, in other small vessels, he was busy tucking in bell peppers of various colors.

He seemed cool, and so I looked around for his parents. Didn’t find him smiling to anyone or rather taking his piece of work. He was literally in his own world!

Then one of the attendants came by and told the little kid politely to hand over the vegetables and fruits. The boy smiled. And did so.

Next, the boy was instructed to return the two utensils and this time the kid was making a face and just turned away. The attendant coaxed him further. At that time, from nowhere, his dad came up and shouted at this attendant for telling the child what to do.

If it was me, in the place of that attendant- I would have got pissed off! But he was so calm. The dad supposedly didn’t like anyone monitoring the kiddo and telling him what to do!

Then he should have told the child to not touch things at the mall! (I kept thinking to myself) I know, many children are stubborn, but these are situations we educate the child how to behave properly.

From this I understood two things:
We over care the children of today’s generation. If they are happy doing something, most parents never try to correct them and neither do they like anyone teaching them the right way of life.

We give everything they ask right at the moment, so children do not know the meaning of patience, care, sharing and the meaning of obedience and respect to elders. So, maybe we are not bringing them up in the right way.

Think about it! In the past, it was an entire community that raised a child. So, children knew everyone, knew how to interact and also did their studies.

Now, all facilities are given for children that they often take the love of parents for granted. So, when a ‘NO’ hits their ears, they just cannot take it and stay stubborn as ever.

Cushioned Love is Harmful!

Life is no cakewalk and we as parents will look after them when we have strength, money and memory. But what happens when this lapses?

Have you ever thought about this?

The child may not be able to cope with problems on their own. This could lead to depression, negative thoughts, bad addictions and so on. They will be on the hunt for something that ‘falsely’ give them a peace of mind. At the same time, they are evading problems in life.

My personal opinion: Equip your children to understand the good and bad of life. After all, you want to see them successful and not being called by anyone as a spoiled brat!

Making a child into a person of worth- is all in the hands of a parent. Now if you cannot do it, trust good people in this world- who can teach your child the right and wrong in life. The new generation have lost compassion for fellow beings and animals and that can be witnessed by the crimes they commit today.

Before pointing a finger at them, think whether we have taught them to love fellow beings? If not, we are the only ones to blame!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How My Daily walks has helped me fight the flab!

Ouch, that redness hurts! What do I do Mama?