Ouch, that redness hurts! What do I do Mama?


Ouch, that redness hurts! What do I do Mama?




This is what my toddler asked me after a week long of enjoyment. The holidays have begun and you know kids- they never can sit steady and quiet for a second! I like them running around for most of the time, but when they fall ill or get hurt- then the story turns into an unpleasant one!

At present, we are experiencing a humid climate and for those who haven’t got a feel of it- lemme explain it to you. By the way- we were at my parents ‘s farm and all of us loved the stay there!

Humidity Sucks!
Yeah, we liked the stay- but the climate was awful. Actually, even the kids did not find it to be such a menace, but I was tired of changing their clothes, washing and drying them. When you have 3 naughty toddlers in the house, who change their clothes at least 4 times a day- you can imagine the clothes I need to get washed!

So, how does humidity feel?
It is like you are drenched and soaked at all times of the day.If you check for some sunlight, you may see but it won’t be that strong. But you will be sweating and sweating and cannot stay with one dress for the whole day. In short, it is a messy and stinky affair.

What makes it worse?
When you have kids whoa re out in the lawn, playing and laughing their hearts out- it is surely a delight to watch- but you need to clean them up before they land on the couch or the bed!

Vacay is Undefined Fun!
So, about a month this incident happened and I am still in the process of coming up with a solution for my child skin problem.

Once the humid season started, as I had mentioned earlier, my kids were playing. It was not too hot, and they never did mind the sweat factor. I admit there was carelessness on my part too- as I never thought a bit of sweat could cause so much havoc to their tiny and tender skin.

Daily Routines
The children used to get up early morning and move on with grandpa to feed the chickens, lovebirds and the dogs. It is a noisy affair but sure is fun.

Once, that is over, all come up for a great breakfast of some rolled oats and lovely fresh scrambled eggs. Mostly we will have fruit or the other- depending on the season. So, it could be cherries, or oranges, or apples. This time, however we were lucky to get a large harvest of watermelons and boy all loved it.

I mean, is there who does not like the juiciness of watermelons. I doubt!
After breakfast, then it is play time until lunch. So, it is during that time, they really get dirty. Jumping into mud puddles, watering plants, playing peekaboo and also small races with our dogs.

The Trouble Begins
After one week of all play, my youngest toddler started getting red patches on the calves, ankles, on his butt, and also at the back of his neck.

He did not pay much attention (and neither did I and I admit that was not right).Before bedtime, everyday, we have a wash up session, change into comfy pajamas and I am my toddler gang are ready for bedtime stories.

One day, as I was changing his clothes, he started beating his own tiny butt and told me it hurts. I checked only to find that it was red, swollen and skin was broken and bleeding in certain areas. It was hurting him and he was crying. I couldn’t understand what to do, attempted to soothe the skin with talcum powder.

The worse part: He has an irresistible tendency to feed the itch feel once he was asleep. And that worsened the situation.

I googled away, and knew that I needed to find an immediate cure for the same. There are many baby skin problems that we are not aware of and all these needs attention.

Few Solutions that cured the Rash

Keep it Dry
Got a rash? Then the only best way I learned is to keep it dry. Change diapers frequently, apply talcum powder, and ensure that you have the washed the area with some light soap. Do not let the butt or any skin fold remain wet, soiled as that is what allows the infection to act upon the body.

No Rub, just Pat
Now the next one up my first aid sleeve is that is to never rub the skin dry. I did this the first two times, after giving my tot a bath. He kept yelling to stop, but I realized that it hurt only the second time I repeated it.Just have a soft cotton towel and pat away the water on the body, Just press firmly. Let the water gets absorbed in that. Don’t rub or push the skin, as it is tender and will break soon.

Cotton is the best
I always would recommend cotton cloth by all means. It is the best fro baby skin. In hot climates, just put some simple cotton clothes, as they help the skin to breathe and also absorb the sweat from the body.Never try wearing polyester, nylon, or silk clothes for children as well as for adults. These materials increase the body heat and never absorbs sweat. So, that would invite more microbes to irritate the skin.

Did it get cured?
Yeah, this is the big question in everyone’s mind. And yes, all the rashes were cured. I was scared that this was some sort of infection, but on a recent doctor visit, he told that humidity can create such skin problems.

This tends to affect small kids very fast, because often they never know what is happening in their body. Only when it begins to hurt, they react and by that time, the situation may get worse.

On a safe note,
  • Keep their little bodies clean and dry always
  • Ensure that when then urinate and poop, they are well cleaned – or else the acidity of the wastes can cause problems.
  • Change clothes and diapers frequently, even if you feel they haven’t sweated much. It will keep them fresh and clean.
  • If need be, use diaper creams that have been prescribed by the doctor.
  • Take care of their little skin before it worsens.

With that solved, my toddlers are out again to play in the sun. Oh yes, I do keep a better watch over them now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How My Daily walks has helped me fight the flab!

Stop taking care of your kids too much coz, it may harm them!