What does it feel like to have allergies?


What does it feel like to have allergies?




I must tell you, I really never had known an allergy could be such a pain in the neck. When we lived by the countryside, things felt so pure and nice and so my kids, my family and even myself never felt the pinch of an allergy.

At the same, my friends and cousins who lived in the cities and top metros- did understand what an allergy could do to them.

I often used to ask, ‘What do you feel actually?’ and they replied , ‘It’s hard to explain, but sure is irritating’.

Okay, so I had to leave that aside. Due to God’s grace and fresh and organic farm food, my children never felt ill very often. Then once the children were 10 years plus, we decided to go for a trip to Singapore. Well. It was the school vacations and all of us were longing for a break.

I began my research on the beautiful place called Singapore and yes, I could find that it was one of the most beautiful places on Earth. Great food, great places to see, and the people too are great. Just in between, I also came across the various allergens that could affect a person once they land in Singapore.

But am I dumb, I just didn’t bat an eye for this news! I was like, ‘Oh my family is fairly healthy, so things that are mentioned in that article- won’t affect us’. 

And we packed off happily for the trip.

I must say- all of us enjoyed- from the youngest to the oldest in the group. We spent about ten days in Singapore and then packed off back home. On the last two days, my youngest one was feeling a bit lethargic.

But I guess, as we were busy packing and bustling around- I kind of brushed off my attention and once we came back to our home- Boy did I regret it!



What do you think happened?
Well, instead of the lethargy just wading off into thin air, it aggravated and kinda of spread on to the rest of the family.
And, for that matter, it was not just a for m of lethargy, but it was the simple name called ‘Allergy’.
That was when I got a first hand experience of what is allergy all about. 

Whoa, it was horrible. My allergy was something I could deal with, but my kids – could not do with this.
  • You speak, and then an Achooo! It's like a never endign stream of water, I tell you!
  • Nothing seems to catch the interest of your palate!
  • You feel all messy and itchy all over, especially your nose! I just felt that I should pluck off my nose and keep it aside.
  • The sneezing is very different from what I usually get. I am not sure if it was near feelings, but it just didn't feel comfortable.


How did I find I found that out?
This was one that area that my sister in law constantly reminded me, and so I knew I what I was having. But since I also heard there are so many types of allergies- my curiosity edged me a bit further. There are so many different types of allergies and frankly speaking, I was thoroughly confused.

From food allergies, dust, to latex- you name it and for certain people- everything is so damn allergic!

So, I finally went to the doc (after about 5 days of constant sneeze and cough sessions), to understand what had gotten into our family. Well, the doc as usual gave in a lecture of what happens when you get an allergy, but yeah, his medicines did work well.

After about 2 weeks of medicines, rest and sleep= we were ready to get back to normal. We were really thankful for this and just one word for this exoperience- Awful!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How My Daily walks has helped me fight the flab!

Stop taking care of your kids too much coz, it may harm them!

If Vacay could last a lil longer….