Wow, anything more beautiful than watching baby slumber?


Wow, anything more beautiful than watching baby slumber?





Kiss your children goodnight, even if they are already asleep.”
great quote by H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Heard of this quote before? Well, this is not the only one, there are many famous quotes about sleep and this is just one I personally like a lot.

Sleeping Babies and Kisses
To tell you the truth, I can look after kids, toddlers, and older children. But, yes, there is a but here. I seriously take a long time taking these fidgety cutie pies to bed.

But once that chore is done, though I am drained out- I still cannot manage to get out of their room without giving them a warm kiss on their forehead. My mother- in- law used to make a face at me, telling that I was acting over sentimental.

Her comment, ‘You took almost two hours to get them to sleep, with your funny lullabies and cute stories, and then why do you need to nest a kiss just to awaken their senses again? I don’t know understand the young moms of today. No common sense!’

And then she would trot away shaking away her head. I would pass off a silent laugh and though I knew, what she said was true, I could not hold myself back from that final goodnight kiss.

How about you? Do you feel like me? Girl or Boy- I think snooze is a problem for all kids.

Those Early Napping Days
Seriously, babies just somehow understand that it is nappy time and you can see dark clouds around their tiny foreheads and a small mouth that is signaling a big ‘NO’.
I took months to get them to accept the Snooze time and let me confess, I really had a hard time. I even dreaded that time – on the days when I was dead tired from work, or had a nagging headache or flu.
But, you know, parenting is one zone of life- that never ceases to end until you are too old to move on your own!


Put babies to sleep – An Art to Master
Putting my baby to sleep was something I learned by way of reading and also by practicing it myself. If you search, ‘How to make your baby sleep’?, you will come up with a lot of choices, but experience will teach you the best.

Few things I learned over the past few months:
  1. Follow a strict timetable. Babies are not generally disciplined(for that matter even we are not!); but if we train them from the time they are born- it won’t be much of an issue.
  2. Never play too much with them, such that they get excited and loose their sleep.
  3. Give a warm bath or rather a nice wipe and change into clean clothes before going to sleep
  4. The light should be dimmed so that they get the right ambiance to sleep in.
  5. Give the child a soft hug while coaxing them to sleep. They need to feel assured that you are there with me all the while.
  6. No loud noises, no over stuffing the bed or cot with toys, no heavy and oily foods
  7. Cut those fries, chocolates and chips before bedtime. These are for 2 year plus toddlers.
  8. Now for new born babies, just keep things simple.
  9. Snuggle in with them into bed, and have a lullaby tagging, close your eyes (but don’t fall asleep), and then once they are asleep- place them in their baby cot.
  10. Okay there are thoughts about whether you can sleep with my baby- but in reality, I really feel that it helps the baby to sleep better.
  11. But do this only of you are a light sleeper.
Complete No’s in the Sleeping game!
Now, this is what I feel and I would not advocate to follow, but yeah- I have found results and it does help

Never look at them in the eye. You know why?

The reason being- babies are always searching for new reasons to get out of that crib. Your eyes show hope and shout loud, ‘Oh yeah, we can just play a bit more!’

Surely, this builds their hope And if you don’t carry them out of their bed after a few minutes of eye to eye actions- lol!; you can be sure to face a burst of tears and horrid baby tantrums.

So, dim the lights and close your eyes girls!

Or just look anywhere but your toddler’s face. Sounds sensible to do?

Just try and see how it works!
By the way, I will just stop for now, as my kiddo’s nap time has just come to a close and I need to rush!

See you later with more of my experiences.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How My Daily walks has helped me fight the flab!

Stop taking care of your kids too much coz, it may harm them!

If Vacay could last a lil longer….